At times it can be really hard to hide some veins from our body which is really disturbing for many. But what exactly these veins are called? And what are the reasons behind it? Let’s have a small talk on this.
What are these veins?
These veins are known as varicose veins which are large and swollen veins that may appear on feet and legs. They appear when valves inside the veins stops working properly because of this blood cannot flow properly and effectively.
Varicose veins are very visible in the affect area which can cause seriously uncomfortable syndrome like achiness. These often occur in GSV (great saphenous vein) system on legs.
How and why varicose veins form?
These veins occur during the time when tiny valves present in innermost part of veins get weaker which causes the blood in veins to backup that ultimately turns veins swell.
But what are the reasons behind the formation of varicose veins? Here are some reasons to know about it more clearly.
- The small valves present inside leg veins helps to work across gravity which pushes blood back into heart
- But when these valves get weaken, blood starts to flow backwards and this results in varicose veins
- Heaviness and achiness in legs
- Veins color turns to dark purple or blue
- Swollen ankles
- Veins starts to look swollen, twisted and bulging
These veins often tend to bulge over the skins surface but not always necessarily visible.
Some risk factors
There are many factors which increases the risk of having varicose veins like aging, being obese and overweight, family history and working in jobs that requires extended time of standing.
Treatments for varicose veins
There are many ways to treat varicose veins and some are listed below:
- Stripping and ligation
- Endovenous laser therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Phlebotomy powered by transilluminated
Some facts about varicose veins
- Women who are pregnant are having more chances of varicose veins because during pregnancy a woman tends to gain weight that can result in varicose veins.
- One can easily see the symptoms for varicose veins like aching in legs, spider veins and swollen ankles.
- If you want to avoid varicose veins try to maintain a proper weight if you are under the category of obese or overweight.
Some home remedies for treating varicose veins
There are many ways for treating varicose veins from aggravating and improving pain at home.
Things you can do are:
- Do plenty of Exercise like walking
- Raising legs
- By maintaining a weight which is healthy for your body
- And avoiding thins which makes you to stand for longer duration
Some topical creams and demulcent are over the counter treatments can also be used for treating varicose veins by soothing pain and improving the comfort level. Also they can make the appearance of varicose veins less visible.